Saturday, July 21, 2012

Help They Are Taking Over

Well, I'm currently in a battle with a bazillion little insects!!! They have taken over my few corn plants!!! The little buggers are ants.... just annoying!!!  If you even walk out to that plot.. there is so many ants that they are crawling up your leg within a few seconds.

Dear Mr.Ant...Sorry, but I dislike you with a passion!! -Amanda
 I had read that an organic way to be rid of those six legged pests was to mix Chili powder and water. Then just spread a barrier around your plants. Diligently been spreading the paste around for days, and it works until I water the garden. The ants are not even a bit scared of that stuff after it's water down. 

I'm at a loss, and really would love to save my sweet corn from this plague of ANTS! If anyone has some experience with an Ant problem and knows an organic way to remedy it..... Please Please Please share in a comment!!! 

~On a side note.... they aren't touching my tomatoes! 
{Trying to find a positive in all of this!}  =)


*Photo credit- FreeDigitalPhotos.net

6 comments:

  1. Googled the problem and found this web site that had some different ideas. Not sure if any of them would work but maybe worth a try. http://www.livestrong.com/article/201408-organic-ways-to-get-rid-of-ants/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that I know your frustration. The only thing I know of is sevens dust I think it's called,but not sure if it's organic or not. Hope you find a solution fast and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..... we are having a great weekend so far. =)

      Delete
  3. Good Luck, hope you can find a way to keep the little unwanted garden guests away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly hope you find a way to fix this problem. Pests are so annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...