Friday, August 7, 2015

No More Dunking and Swishing ~ Diaper Sprayer Review

Dunking and Swishing, Swishing and Dunking! If you are a cloth diapering Mom or Dad, you know exactly what I am talking about. You have probably done this a few, or a thousand, times. It works, and does the job of cleaning the icky messes off our adorable fluff. Still rinsing cloth diapers in the toilet water is not how I like to spend even a few minutes of my day. So guess what? We finally have a diaper sprayer! Officially made the switch from dunking and swishing our cloth diapers to spraying, and I couldn't be happier.


*I received this product for reviewing purposes. All opinions are my own. see disclosure.

Glow Bug Cloth Diapers offers budget friendly pocket diapers with a 360 degree inner gusset that you may remember I raved about last fall in my review. They also have many helpful accessories for us cloth diapering parents to add to our stash too like bamboo cloth wipes and inserts, and a cloth diaper sprayer. (Want to mention here the exact name of the sprayer they offer is the Saria Bidet/ Diaper Sprayer.)

Here are a few key features about the Diaper Sprayer to begin. First it's a hand held sprayer that has antibacterial protection from Microban. The sprayer comes with all the attachments you will need to install, and fits a standard 3/8 inch compression valve. (For those of you who are like I was, and have no idea what that is, that's the valve behind your toilet) It has a built in check valve in the sprayer, an adjustable flow control t-valve, and comes with 4 foot reinforced white NSF approved PVC hose. Also the nozzle will rotate around 360 degrees.

As soon as the Diaper Sprayer from Glow Bug Cloth Diapers arrived at our door I was dying to hook it up, but since I am not what you would call a handy girl, I waited for my husband to get home to assist me. (Remind me to tell you about the time I was convinced caulking a bathtub would be super easy for me to do!) After reading through the instructions though, I probably could have hooked it up by myself.

First thing you do to install your hand held Diaper Sprayer from Glow Bug Cloth Diapers is you turn off the water going to the toilet. Then you need to make sure you drain all the water from the tank. This just involves holding down the lever for a few minutes at most. Next you use an adjustable wrench, and remove the hose. Out with the old, and in with the new.



Before attaching the Diaper Sprayer hose, you just look to see which of the three included washers you need for your specific valve. We needed the thick washer, but they also provide a beveled and thin flat washer too. After attaching the hose according to the simply directions, you can also install your wall bracket with a drill or screw driver. We didn't go ahead and use the wall bracket because we have tile on our bathroom wall. (We are saving the wall bracket to take with us when we move.) From start to finish it took my husband less than 5 minutes, and that was with me stopping him a few times to snap a couple pictures too.



















Now that all of those installation details are over, let's get to the good stuff. Yes, I just said the good stuff referring to spraying cloth diapers. I did actually have fun testing the Diaper Sprayer to figure out which flow would be best. You do that by turning the flow control t-valve a few twists to the left to give you your preferred pressure. Then after you are finished just turn it back to the right.

I have had the pleasure of giving the Diaper Sprayer a thorough review, as you can imagine, over the last couple weeks. Here is what I love, the spray flow is adjustable, which has been wonderful depending on what kind of mess my son gives me to take care of. With the t-valve being so easy to turn, I can change up the water pressure as needed. I like the higher pressure settings the best to make quick work of the mess. I did use a spray shield to keep any possible splatter under control. If you do not have a spray shield, you may want to use a lower water pressure setting. I tried it that way a couple times, and the Diaper Sprayer did a great job, just took a bit longer to clean the cloth diaper off.



The fact that the nozzle will rotate around has been a benefit on this Diaper Sprayer too. Simply being able to grab up the nozzle and start spraying without adjusting the hose to get the nozzle to the right angle is great. The rotating nozzle just makes the spraying go quicker in my opinion. 

While a diaper sprayer is not a necessity when it comes to cloth diapering, it has definitely become one of my very favorite accessories! I love how simple the Diaper Sprayer is to install, and that it comes with a wall bracket to hold the sprayer while it isn't in use.  I feel like the diaper sprayer has been a time saver, and for sure a back saver for this Mommy right here since it makes quick work of even the most stuck on messes.  This Diaper Sprayer truly does make clean up super easy!

Connect with Glow Bug Cloth Diapers on Social Media



  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • YouTube

  • Have you tried a cloth diaper sprayer? Do you have a must have cloth diaper accessory that you can't live without? Would love to hear you thoughts about this Diaper Sprayer or cloth diapering in general! I love comments! Make sure to share yours below. ~ Amanda

    10 comments:

    1. I totally would have used cloth diapers if this had been available 16 years ago!! I'll let my friends know about it.

      ReplyDelete
    2. wow this would make it so much easier to clean cloth diapers.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love the concept of this, but my boys are too old for me to need this now. I never tried cloth diapers in the past, but I can see it being beneficial for those who use them.

      ReplyDelete
    4. This looks so cool, hopefully it'll help prevent some stains!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I admire those of you who are dedicated to cloth diapering. Even with this gadget, I couldn't have done it. I'm getting light headed just thinking about it, to be honest!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I've never used a diaper sprayer, but it would be so handy to have!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Thanks for the detailed review with photos. I need a diaper sprayer really badly now!

      ReplyDelete
    8. I don't know what I would do without my sprayer!
      This is our 7th year diapering and I remember having to hold the diapers in the toilet, flush and hope the running water takes it (poo) off without flushing the insert! No thank you. Lol

      ReplyDelete
    9. This looks awesome!

      ReplyDelete
    10. This would be a wonderful gift for a new parent using cloth diapers looks amazing wish they had it when my kids were babies.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...