Sunday, September 13, 2015

Is There An affordable All-In-One Cloth Diaper? ~ Nicki's Diapers Bamboo All-In-One #ClothDiaper Review

My husband was on the fence when I first brought up the idea of cloth diapering our third baby while pregnant. I won him over with the money we would save, and then started researching what would work for us. While I had a variety of cloth diaper styles to begin with the one type my husband really preferred to use were all-in-ones. Those can be pricey, and I hadn't added many to our stash. I am so excited to share with you an All-In-One cloth diaper that is not only affordable, but available in so many adorable prints too!
I received the product below in order to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own. see disclosure.
 Nicki's Diapers ~ Bamboo AIO One Size
Woven Night Print
Nicki's Diapers caught my eye recently, and after just a few minutes on their website, I was smacking my head that I hadn't noticed their brand sooner. These diapers are not rebranded and are made exclusively for Nicki's Diapers. They offer a Bamboo All-In-One cloth diaper in both one size and newborn. This AIO fits most little ones from 8-35+ lbs. {They also carry pockets, covers, prefolds and other accessories each at a great price for a family's budget.} 


After receiving Nicki's Diapers Bamboo All-In-One One Size cloth diaper, I immediately began prepping. These AIO require three washes with detergent to be ready for baby. One of the features I really liked about this cloth diaper is that it comes in two separate pieces. First the outer shell has a bamboo terry blend on the inside which is super soft, and the outer is made with waterproof PUL. The insert, that is just a bit longer than the diaper, attaches easily with two snaps at the back under a flap, and is made with a 70% bamboo and 30% cotton blend. You simply fold it down to get a custom fit for your little one.

As I was prepping, I noticed that since the insert is detachable it dried super fast in my dryer. In just one 60 minute cycle, it was finished. Wonderful! My other all-in-ones have a much longer dry time. I did dry the shell in the dryer for about 10 minutes on low after line drying, which is what I do with all of my diapers that have PUL to fluff them after being outside.


Since this is a one size cloth diaper, you should be able to adjust the rise and waist settings to get a good fit on your little. Our son is currently on the medium rise, and I was able to get a great fit on his skinny legs and growing belly. Below I have listed the recommended settings based on your babies weight from Nicki's Diapers. 

  • 1st row: small 8-15 pounds
  • 2nd row: medium 15-23 pounds
  • 3rd row: large 23-35+ pounds
My son has put the Bamboo All-In-One from Nicki's Diapers to the test over the last couple weeks, and I have been very impressed with it's performance. During daytime wear this diaper is thirsty, and I know has to be comfortable with it's rolled legs. I like that it isn't too fluffy, and I don't have to worry about which outfit my son will be in. That is always a deciding factor on whether a diaper from my stash is picked first. It lasts about 2 hours on the bum for my son. I did put it to the test during my son's nap time that usually lasts right at 3 hours, and found that we needed to add a small hemp insert to avoid leaks. 

I cannot review this diaper and not bring attention to all the prints and color solids Nicki's Diapers are available in. They currently have over 20 different prints, and 8 solid colors!!! I love the Woven Night print pictured here in my review, and have been drooling over the chevron and houndstooth prints too. {Check out how perfect for fall the Dreamsicle Houndstooth Print is! I love it!} 

Each of their prints and colors are available in snap and hook and loop closures. While I am letting you know about the colors, another cool feature of these diapers is that the inner bamboo terry, and bamboo inserts are in coordinating colors to compliment the print or solid. For the Woven Night cloth diaper they are white, but this is simply because it matches the print. You can see in the Dreamsicle Houndstooth picture that the color for the inside is a lighter orange. 

Nicki's Diapers doesn't just give us a great price on cloth diapers, but they also have a program that I will happily share with you. Nicki's Diapers works with Hope Love Care, and for every Nicki's Diapers brand All-In-One or Pocket diaper you purchase they will donate one to a baby in need. This program also applies to their bamboo swaddling blankets too. You get a good price on cloth diapers, and are helping a family in need with your purchase through their donation. That is a win win!

The Bamboo All-In-One One Size cloth diaper from Nicki's Diapers is currently on sale for just $16.95 for prints, and $15.95 for solids. We will be adding a few more to our stash because one Daddy approves, and two this Mommy right here is in love with their performance and prints!

Make sure to connect with Nicki's Diapers on Social Media
Have you tried Nicki's Diapers brand cloth diapers? What is your favorite print? I would love to hear about your experiences with them and all-in-one cloth diapers in general in a comment!

8 comments:

  1. I have a friend who loves cloth diapers! If we have another baby I will definitely consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were one of our favorite brands to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using cloth diapers and this is one of my favorite brands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been curious to try the bamboo aio. I like the fit and fun colors of their pocket diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been debating on what type of diaper to buy from nicki's thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are really neat my daughter was looking into these for my grandson..great post ty for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the detachable insert for faster drying! And love that it comes standard with bamboo, would love to try one

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that it's bamboo and detachable makes it faster drying

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...