Thursday, June 5, 2014

Blueberry Buckle Recipe

I just LOVE the beginning of June. School is out for the summer, and I am able to just be "Mom" instead of "Teacher" too. (Yes, even homeschooling Moms like a break now and then.) Also one of my family's favorite fruits are back in season.....blueberries!!!! We usually go to a U pick farm and stock up for the year. Then after making jam and freezing some the berries for the rest of the year, we bake Blueberry Buckle! 


Blueberry Buckle is a recipe that was handed out at the U pick farm the first year we went in a flyer. My mom tried the recipe, and Blueberry Buckle has been one of my absolute favorites ever since. I just had to share it with all of you after baking it today! =)


Blueberry Buckle

Ingredients

  1. 2 cups Flour
  2. 3/4 cup Sugar
  3. 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
  4. 3/4 teaspoon Salt {FYI- I never add this ingredient, and it tastes just fine}
  5. 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
  6. 3/4 cup Milk
  7. 1 Egg
  8. 2 cups Blueberries
Topping-

  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1/3 cup Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup soft Butter
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees, and Grease a 8x11x1/2" glass baking dish. 

2. Blend the first 7 ingredients in a large mixing bowl & fold in Blueberries. 

3. Spread blueberry batter into prepared dish. Next Mix up the Topping in a small bowl and Sprinkle across the top of batter. 

4. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Allow to cool, and cut into whatever size pieces you desire.

5. Serve warm or chilled.... we love to add a few fresh blueberries on the side.

~Hope your family enjoys this tasty blueberry dish as much as we do. I have to admit I have eaten a piece {or two} while typing this post up... it's just so good! 


Enjoy! 

4 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Love the crust that formed on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. This looks tasty. I am going to have to try it. #ThrowbackThursdayLP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marnie G (Derrick Todd)March 13, 2015 at 7:39 PM

    This looks great! Just like my Grandma would make. I haven't had Blueberry Buckle in YEARS. Maybe we'll try to make this over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to live in a town where blueberries (and blackberries, raspberries and apples) grew wild on the side of the hiking trails that were throughout the community.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...